Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Morning This and That


Good morning everyone. Looks like we are in for another fantastic weather day here in Brooklyn. This morning I am off to the bank to get some cash to enroll in school tomorrow and for Ralph's birthday on Friday.  I have been participating in a FB group called August Awake.  Each day in August we are supposed to post something little.  I usually write something about morning because that is what 'awake' means to me.  Here are a few of my gems....

Monday morning,
a new week begins
full of promise,
the sun is shining,
the air is cool,
so great to be alive.


 Woke early this morning,
too early, too abrupt, too soon
tried to get back to my awesome dream,
of youth, of times long ago,
but, alas, just as that time has passed,
so has my dream.

Cloudy skies cover the early morn
Grayness over the earth,
Late summer moodiness
Too hot, too humid
Welcoming the rain.
Afterwards I have to have my phone checked out. This is two months in a row that data has gone in two weeks despite using my phone less. I actually have cut my phone use in half. We're on a plan, and Ralph uses his phone more than I do but never runs out of data so he wants me to check and see if something is up with my phone or why else my data would be going so quickly before we pay on the 13th. 



Been making progress with my teeth. I always like to taste my food while I am cooking, and yesterday I was able to taste some small pieces of meat. I was able to lightly chew, but having a little difficulty with swallowing. I'm also have some issues with my jaw. It's feels really tense all the time, very uncomfortable. I think it is because my old bridge and partial were so worn down.  At any rate, I'll talk to the dentist about it.   I no longer have to blend my fruit, and last night I sat and ate my orange slices and strawberries without a problem.  In fact, I almost ate the whole box of strawberries as you can see.  Still not ready to dig my teeth into a juicy steak and haven't tried chicken yet, but  I am grateful for each small step.  I'm totally aware that this is not the finished product; that is still  months down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Writing a poem in the morning is a lovely way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear those new choppers are starting to settle down!

    ReplyDelete