Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thursday Chatter

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death.”

Robert Fulghum


Good morning everyone. Another hot one today, but at least the humidity is on its way down. Nothing on my agenda today. Just going to stay in. Received my next two courses in the mail yesterday and want to look over them, plus I am working on my final project for my herbal class.

So, according to the dentist, the bone sliver in my mouth is something normal. The dentist  did some filing of the denture and said that he is pleased with the way I am healing. That's good news.   I asked the receptionist if others came back as much as me, thinking I might be being a big baby, but she said some come back even more. My gums take time to heal and as they do, sores will form. Stopped and bought some strawberries. raspberries, and blueberry. Yum. Yum.

I had such an eerie dream the other night and it's plagued me ever since. Hubby  and I went to do our laundry in Newton, NJ. Why we traveled there for laundry who knows, but dreams are dreams and nothing is as it seems. So, we stop at this place and hubby asks me to get us a soda. I go up to the counter and this guy is standing there--not quite my first boyfriend, but my first 'real' boyfriend. I was 18 years old and spent every weekend with his parents who lived on Swartswood Road in Newton. His family loved me, and it was thought that we'd be married....until the wanderlust struck and I broke up with him. Saw him a couple of times afterwards. We chatted, but that was it.  Its been almost 50 years now.

Back to the dream. So here he was standing there when I go up to get the sodas. I recognize him immediately. He looks at me and says, "You know I have always loved you. Just wanted you to know I never forgot you." Took the sodas back to Ralph and turned back, but now it was a stranger standing there. So, I have done some searching  and found a Richard Whitehead on the Social Security death index. I remember he was a year younger than me and our birthdays were a day apart.  This Richard was born on March 22, one year prior to me and I on March 23rd. In researching I also found that his mom, dad, and sister had also passed.  Could he have reached out across the grave to me? Or is my Richard alive and well somewhere? I wonder if I will ever know. 

What do you think?

Have a good one.


4 comments:

  1. I'm a little surprised that the Social Security Death Index is open to public searching. Seems like a breach of privacy but perhaps dead people have no privacy rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself do not know, nevertheless . . . I find your dream fascinating. One thing I do know, though, for myself, is that there have been numerous of times when someone has passed on where they've still reached out to me in one way or another, and also there have been those that haven't passed on that I've lost contact with that have reached out to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back at people we have know and wondering ... we all do it ... some we will reach out to and learn; others we will never know...

    ReplyDelete