Friday, April 13, 2018

Well, Hello There

 In Spring, everything is full of promise.... The child sporting upon the lawn, and the season, sympathize together, and nature rejoices in her virgin loveliness.
Charles Lanman, "The Dying Year," 1840

Wow, it has been awhile since I have been here.  Too long.  Spring has already sprung, and I still had my Christmas theme up. Life has been so busy, and to be honest, for awhile I was all blogged out.  That's what happens when you try to carry too many blogs at once.  I think I had 7 or 8 at one time and tried to post on each every day.  That was in the very beginning of my blogging days.  So, moving on, there is much to tell.

To begin with, I turned 71 on March 23rd.  I can't believe I am that old.  Time is passing so quickly now, I sometimes fear I won't have time to accomplish all that I want to do.  One thing I DID accomplish was REACH MY WEIGHT WATCHERS goal.  After 2 1/2 years I did it.  Down from a size 3X to an XL.  Bought myself an entire new wardrobe in celebration.  And I still NEVER miss a meeting.  It is so important to me.  I credit them with saving my life.  


Not bad for 71, huh?  A new cut and color as well.  

I am no longer going to the college for classes.  They just stopped having courses of interest.  I did take 2 classes of memoir writing during the last semester I took, but darn, I was there to learn, not to sit and listen to the teacher talking about her life and her issues.  I could care less about your divorce or that your mom liked to control.  I am there to learn how to write about ME and when that didn't happen, I didn't go back.  Not going to pay $85 for something I wasn't enjoying.

So, instead I looked into the free things my union offers to us retirees, and I am loving it.  Every Monday and Wednesday I take Qigong and Line Dancing (first time dancing in over 50 years).  On Monday I also have an hour of Meditation and 2 hours of Arts and Crafts so it is a full day for me.  Many are doing fabric painting, but that didn't interest me so I am back to jewelry making and loving it.  When my fingers get achy or stiff I just take a 10 minute break.  Next month I think I am going to learn quilling.  I've always been a crafter--crochet, jewelry, etc--but in latter years I made the excuse that I couldn't do it because of my fingers.  That is so not true.

Life is good, and I've so much more to tell, but for now, hubby is asking for some lunch.  Be back tomorrow with family updates and pictures.  I promise.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back. And yes, you do look very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Congrats on the sustained weight loss. What an accomplishment!

    We seem to be doing parallel things - I've just taken up Line Dancing at our local church. Never did it before! Absolutely love getting out there and jumping around. It's fun!

    I do Qi Gong or tai chi on my own. I've had a few really good teachers in the past, but cannot find anyone suitable, so just practice at home. Sometimes I use a Youtube video to learn a new move or just for the "company" of watching and following along.

    You'd love our "ladies social group" They're very crafty. I crochet and have done some jewellery making, but didn't attempt quilling as I think the work would be too intricate for my fingers. But good for you! Trying new things and getting rid of what doesn't work (I'd have ditched that writing class too!).

    Good to see you back. Love your wallpaper - so spring/summer like!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, looking good, Mary! And congrats on reaching your goal weight -- that is a big accomplishment. Glad to hear you are keeping active and happy in retirement. I'm retired now too! Took early retirement in January and man oh man, am I enjoying having my life and my time back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful lady! Welcome back!!
    Good to see you posting again.
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete